Acne vulgaris (the common acne) is very common malady of teenagers involving predominantly the face. Although many efforts have been tried to combat this disease, but still it exists as a troublesome problem in the society.
Four major factors are involved in the pathogenesis of acne though all the factors may not be present in one patient. They are:
- Increased sebum production: This can be due to increased levels of androgens or their active metabolites. Sebum disintegrates into free fatty acids, which are irritating.
- Abnormal microbial flora: Increased levels of Propionibacterium acne contribute to inflammation and irritation. But acne is not infectious.
- Follicular wall and sebaceous duct hyper-keratinization leads to blockage of retention of sebum.
- Inflammation of sebaceous gland leads to Sebaceous cysts.
YOUNGEVER TREATMENT FOR ACNE & PIMPLES :
- Aloevera amla juice 30 ml daily half an hour before breakfast.
- Neem decoction 50ml taken once daily on an empty stomach help in curing acne and blackheads.
- Saribadi (Sugandhipala) kashayam 15 to 30ml taken after meals with equal quantity of water, twice a day helps in the cure of acne vulgaris.
- Triphala churnam taken 5 to 10 gm daily helps in purifying the blood thus helping in the cure of acne.
- Application of Aloevera gel twice daily removes pimples and black heads.
- Paste of Yasthimadhu churnam with milk removes pigmentation and makes skin soft.
- Paste of Nutmeg powder (jajikaya) with milk removes pimples.
Home remedies to cure pimples:
- Combine 1 tsp. of cinnamon powder (Dalchini) and 1 tsp of lemon juice. Apply it to the affected area.
- Combine cinnamon powder with honey and form it into paste. Right before sleeping, apply the mixture to your face and wash it the next morning. Do this every night for about 2 weeks and you will no longer worry about pimples.
- Applying an orange peel paste on the area of your face with pimples is another effective way. The orange peel should become a paste by grinding it with little water.
- For additional protection from the formation of blackheads, combine 1 part fresh lime juice with 1 part groundnut oil. Apply the mixture to your face.
- Blend raw papaya fruit to create a juice. This includes the seed and the skin. Apply it on swelling pimples.
- Use boiled milk combined with fresh lime juice as facial wash for cracked skin, blackheads, and pimples.
- Combine 1 part of rose water to 1 part of lime juice and apply it in the pimples. Leave it for about 20-30 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Apply on the affected area for at least 1 hour the pulp of ripe tomatoes. Wash it off with water.
- Potatoes grated and applied on affected area can cure pimples. It is also effective on curing boils, whiteheads, blackheads, and other skin blemishes.
- A powdered pomegranate skin & roasted paste mixed with lime juice can treat pimples effectively. This mixture could also treat whiteheads, blackheads, and boils.
- Ground radish seeds formed into paste and mixed with water remove blackheads.
- Mix lime juice with ground drumstick pods and leaves. Apply it on the pimples.
- Mint juice when applied on every evening can treat pimples as well. It also effective in treating scabies, insect stings, skin infections, and eczema.
- Combine ground sesame seeds paste with water. Apply it on the affected area. It is also effective in treating skin rashes and allergies.
- To prevent pimples, apply on the face mixture of fresh fenugreek leaves and water. Wash it on the next day with warm water.
- Mix an equal amount of groundnut oil and fresh lime juice. Apply it on the affected area. Wash it off after about 10-15 minutes. It also prevents blackheads.
Prithvi Mudra : Makes body sturdy. One experiences happiness.
Method : Join the tip of the thumb and ring finger
Pimples, Glowing skin
Strengthens body and mind