- Aloevera amla juice 30 ml daily once 1 hour before breakfast.
- Combination of Nelavemu, Guduchi and Nela usiri powder twice a day with water after food.
- Skin care oil for external application daily 30 min before bath.
- Manijstadi kwatham 20ml twice daily.
- Nasya tailam 1 drop in each nostril daily morning is very effective in sinusitis, rhinitis, migraine headcahes.
[A] Home Therapies
In all cases, nasal medication is recommended for controlling and preventing seasonal allergies. Use medicated sesame oil made with Yasthimadhu, agaru (aquilaria agallocha), bilva (aegle marmalos), kantakari (solanum xanthocarpum), lotus, and nutgrass. Then put one drop in each nostril at bedtime. Use this for 4 weeks.
For Vata & Kapha – Take trikatu (dry ginger, black pepper and long pepper powder in equal amount) 20 mgm.+ basil 250 mgm. + 10 mgm. cloves, camphor, and coriander each. It is advisable to take this mixture 3 times a day with warm water. Start before hay fever season. & take the mixture till the season is over.
Avoid heavy foods, cool drinks, and dairy products (including cheese and yogurt), that increase Kapha and decrease digestive fire. Also, follow diets that rebalance your own pattern of doshic imbalance.
[D] Yoga and Breath Therapy
It is common for hay fever to start with symptoms that are similar to colds and sinus problems. To prevent symptoms such as running nose, sneezing and congestion, practice nasal cleansing with water (jala neti) regularly to purify the entire upper respiratory tract and prevents recurrence of allergic attacks. Use a special pot with a spout – a neti pot – available for this purpose, and make nasal cleansing a regular part of your daily hygiene.
Deep breathing or regular practice of [anuloma viloma pranayama] can also prevent attack.
When hay fever allergies are chronic, practice (Kapalabhati) regularly to increase the patient’s stamina.Other common type of Allergy is Allergic Rhinitis.
Ayurvedic treatment of respiratory allergies :
Ayurveda, the Science of Life has answers for respiratory allergic disorders. There are many preparations explained in the textbooks of Ayurveda and found to be useful in the management of allergic respiratory disorders. Herbs like Haridra (Turmeric), Tulasi (Holy Basil) and Adulasa (Vasaka) are widely used in treating such disorders. The anti-inflammatory properties of Haridra help in effectively combating allergies, Tulasi helps promote optimum respiratory comfort by reducing the symptoms of allergy, while Vasaka normalizes the lung function.
Bhramara Mudra for Allergy Relief
Help yourself by doing what you can to boost your immune system and avoid what triggers your allergies (pollen, animal dander, dust, food triggers, etc.)
- Place your index finger at the base of your thumb.
- Touch the tip of your thumb beside the fingernail of the middle finger
- Extend your ring and little fingers
- Focus your attention and breathe as deeply, slowly and smoothly as possible
- Hold for 10-15 minutes 2 to 3 times a day before food.