- Beauty Care
- Ayurvedic Soaps
- Herbal Oils
- Health Care
- Deeparadhana Thailams
- Red Sandal
- Diseases & Remedies
- Herbs and Uses
- New Branches
Binomial name : Phyllanthus niruri, Phyllanthus fraternus.
English : Shatterstone, Stone breaker.
Hindi: भुईंआंवला bhuinanvalah, हजारमणी hajarmani, कनोछा kanocha
Bengali: bhui-amla, হাজারমণি hazarmani
Kannada: ಕಿರುನೆಲ್ಲಿ kirunelli, ನೇಲನೆಲ್ಲಿ nelanelli
Malayalam: കീഴാര്നെല്ലി kiizhaarnelli
Manipuri: চকপা হৈক্রূ chakpa-heikru
Marathi: भुईआवळी bhuiavali
Sanskrit: भूम्यामलकी bhumyamalaki, तमालकी tamalaki
Tamil: கீழாநெல்லி kila-nelli
Telugu: నేల ఉసిరి nela usiri
Traditionally, Phyllanthus nriuri has been used as a home remedy in many countries. Its curative properties are well known.
- It helps in restricting the growth of hepatitis B virus found in the blood stream.
- The herb is said to have antifungal, antiviral and hypoglecemic action.
- Aqueous extract of Phyllanthus niruri is reported to have inhibitory effect on human immunodeficiency virus.
- Its very useful in the treatment of liver diseases like jaundice and liver cirrohosis. It helps to remedy fatty liver and liver damage due to any reason. It promotes liver action.
- It is also said to be used in the case of anorexia.
- It is diuretic and hence is used in urinary tract infections and bacterial infections like cyctitis and protastitis.
- According to Unani system of medicine, the herb is a stomachic and is useful in chronic dysentery.
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: